Research collaboration under Horizon 2020
!NEWS - HORIZON 2020 work programme 2016-17 is now available!
For more information please check the European Commission's participant portal under the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/funding/reference_docs.html#h2020-work-programmes-2016-17
What is Horizon2020:
- A €80 billion research and innovation funding program (2014 - 2020)
- A response to economic crisis by investing in future jobs and growth
- It addresses people's concerns about their livelihoods, safety and environment
Horizon2020 is a single programme coupling research with innovation: 'from lab to market', focussing on societal challenges (health, clean energy, transport, etc.) that is open to participation including companies, universities, institutes in any of the 28 EU and an additional 12 associated countries.
HORIZON 2020: Open to the world
General openness Projects:
- can include international partners even as coordinators.
Targeted opening (for funding)
- In certain work programme topics in calls for proposals, inclusion of international partners may be encouraged or required.
- Participation deemed by the Commission essential in the action.
- When provided under a bilateral scientific and technological agreement.
- Used for specific actions (e.g. identified through joint steering committees). Paired calls, linked evaluations, two contracts
Where to find more information?
- Overview on the EU Framework Programme for Research
- Horizon 2020 Participant Portal http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en /home.html
- DG Research and Innovation European Commission http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm
- National Contact Points (NCPs) (listed in the Participant Portal)
- NCP Wiki: "Incontact" http://www.ncpincontact.eu/nkswiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Enterprise Europe Network…
- Research partnerships (Horizon 2020, etc)
- Community of Practice
- Thematic "Sector Groups"