Latin America, Caribbean and European Union Network on Research and Innovation
- Starting date: 01/12/2012
- End date: 31/05/2017
- Duration: 54 months
- Total Costs: 4.290.000 Euros
- EU Contribution: 3.750.000 Euros
The ALCUE NET objective is to establish a bi-regional European Union, Latin America and the Caribbean (EU-CELAC) platform bringing together actors involved in R&I orientation, funding and implementation, as well as other relevant stakeholders from the public and private sector and the civil society, in an effort to support the international Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) dimension of the Europe 2020 Strategy and Innovation Union Flagship Initiative. It will do so by promoting bi-regional and bilateral partnerships for jointly societal challenges, working to develop the attractiveness of Europe in the world, and by promoting the establishment of a level-playing field in Research and Innovation.
The Project will support the Policy Dialogue process on STI to consolidate EU-CELAC cooperation by contributing to the implementation of the Joint Initiative for Research and Innovation (JIRI) in the Senior Officials Meetings (SOM) and will contribute to the definition and implementation of joint strategic agendas for research, development and innovation during 2013-2017 focusing on the following priorities: Energy; Information and Communications Technology; Bioeconomy; Biodiversity & Climate change. A technical secretariat to support the SOM will be established.
Main guidelines to follow up the recommendations of SOM meetings, particularly to support the follow up of successive SOM Working Group process:
- To provide active support to the implementation of the roadmap of the Joint Initiative for Research and Innovation (JIRI), by developing concrete recommendations
- To support the updating of common priorities, encourage mutual policy learning and ensure the proper implementation and effectiveness of cooperation instruments
- To provide technical support to the SOM.
At the specific level the project will focus on:
- Achieving progress towards joint improvement of key aspects of societal challenges related to the areas addressed by the SOM Working Groups: Energy, ICT, Bioecnomy and Biodiversity including Climate Change.
- Supporting Policy Dialogue at all relevant levels
- Strengthening cooperation
- Documents & Concept notes for SOM consideration
- SOM Action Plans
- Bi-regional thematic reports
- Observatories & mappings on thematic priorities
- NCP & LAC Alumni networks
- Joint activities: NCP tainings, thematic events, matchmaking
- Information on project achievements and impact
- Close linkages with other INCO-NETs, ERA-NETs, BILATs and related thematic projects
For further information please see
- ALCUE NET project presentation
- ALCUE NET leaflet (English version)
- ALCUE NET leaflet (Spanish version)